Come join with your sisters and brothers in labor: MONDAY, March 21st at 6:00 p.m. for UNION NIGHT IN ANNAPOLIS at Lawyer's Mall.
After the mass labor rally, we will lobby our legislators on important issues facing public employees in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and across the State of Maryland.
Some of our issues include:
- Fighting against the privatization of vital state and city services
- Lobbying legislators to pressure Gov. Hogan to stop the abolishment of PINs
- Expanding the Community School Strategy in Maryland
- Restoring $24 million cut to Baltimore City Schools
- Ending workplace bullying and intimidation in state agencies
- Obtaining due process rights for Maryland State employees at the Maryland School for the Deaf
- Capping and rolling back standardized testing
- Opposing private school vouchers
- Expanding pre-Kindergarten in Maryland
BUSES will be leaving from AFT-Maryland at 5:15 p.m.
Food and soft drinks will be provided on the bus.
Additional bus locations (East, South) may be available. Please call!